Thursday 20 October 2011

Here it goes...

Right, here it goes... I'm making the final tin lid!

I started by cutting a piece of paper the same size as the lid and drawing the basic shapes onto it. (The lines, centre and small circles etc)

I stuck this to the tin lid and began making the raised straight lines by sticking down the thin wire (used in my mock up) with tape.

The wire was good to use for the centre circle as it gave a definite edge, but as with the mock up, the more fiddly smaller bits needed to be done with tissue. 

I took thin strips of tissue, soaked them in PVA glue and twisted them to make thin strips (like string). I used this to make the small circles either side of the tin, the shapes on the top & bottom, the knife at the top and the criss- cross pattern at the bottom.

I want to leave this to dry fully before I do anything else to the lid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment