Wednesday 5 October 2011

And the sketching begins!

With a brief outline of what life was like for villagers in World War 1 in mind, I began sketching my ideas for props.
I made a quick mind map of images I've come across whilst researching.

I then looked at this photograph I found during my research. I really liked how by the way the soldiers are standing you would expect to see smiling faces but they are wearing gas masks, which I found slightly comical. 


Focusing on the gas masks and helmets in this picture, I thought about how villagers/ farmers would use them differently. E.g a gas mask could be used as a food basket?...


Or a helmet could be used as a bowl?...

From watching films about World War 1, I have a few more ideas about objects soldiers used that villagers could adapt to suit their needs. I need to continue to develop these in my sketchbook... watch this space! 


No comments:

Post a Comment