Sunday 30 October 2011

Ageing the Teddy Bear (2)

Continuing with the Teddy Bear, I unpicked some stitching on the stomach and patched this up with some coarse hessian material. I chose this material as this would have been around in World war one, sacks and some clothing would have been made from this. This will also show an example of "make do and mend" on the bear.


I tried to put PVA glue on some bits of the teddy to clump the fur together. This wasn't really noticeable and especially for theatre, this wouldn't be seen by the audience at all.


I also totally unpicked the Teddy Bear's head from the body and stitched it back on. I wanted one side of the head looser than the other so that it can slope to the side. I also left visible stitching to give the impression that the mother has repaired it a few times.


I continued wearing down the fur with sandpaper on the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment