Tuesday 18 October 2011

Adding more detail to the lid...

I showed Andy my mock up today. He talked to me about adding slightly more detail and looking for alternatives other than tissue and wire to create the shapes on the lid.

Even simple things like a paper doilies can be used to create the leaves around the centre circle, so its worth me looking around for different materials.

I went and slightly changed my simplified sketch to give it slightly more detail:
Original sketch


Slightly changed

I added the sword at the top, the M's either side of Queen Mary's face and the cross pattern at the bottom. I noticed that from far away you can see these more clearly so I'm adding these features onto my design.

Andy also spoke to me about dry brushing once my piece had been finished, which I'll have to experiment with on my mock up.

No comments:

Post a Comment