Monday 17 October 2011

Getting advice on my tin lid...

I spoke to Simon and Andy today about my ideas and the props I want to make.
I asked Simon whether I should make a mould and cast the tin lid like how he made the biscuit he showed us a few weeks ago. He reminded me that unless I knew how to carve well, it would be better to try paper mache instead. (Paper mache hadn't even crossed my mind... which I can't believe!!)

I could then use foil over the top on that or paint so that it would blend with the rest of the tin.

I also should mark up an image of the lid onto the tin so that I know where I want to make my marks.

Andy talked to me about whether my props were for theatre or film and maybe simplifying the lid's embossing if for theatre.

I need to do some drawings of the lid and scale the image up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment